Saturday, June 25, 2011

Sonrisa pt 3; "I missed you so much.”


The Arrival.
Sonrisa Rivera passed the gates of the airport and looked around, hoping to see someone she knew waiting for her. She frowned when she couldn’t see anyone through the big crowd. She started walking through it anyway, realising she doesn’t even know who was coming to pick her up.
She found a place to sit so she could look through her bag for her phone, she found it and dialed her parents number.
“Hola.” She heard her mother answer.
“Mama, why do you always have to speak Spanish? We’re not in Spain anymore, remember.” Sonrisa answered, rolling her eyes.
“Don’t be so disrespectful.” Her mom said. “So, are you at the airport yet?”
“Mama, I’m already at the airport waiting for someone to pick me up.” Sonrisa said, not trying to hide her annoyance that no one was there yet.
“Okay, your aunt will be there soon.” Her mom said.
“Are you serious.” Sonrisa said, she couldn’t believe her mom was sending her aunt. “Why can’t you pick me up?”
“Because, I am busy preparing dinner for you.” Her mom said. “Now, I’ll see you when you get home, I missed you.”
“I missed you too, mama.” Sonrisa said. “Bye.”
Sonrisa hung up and put her phone back in her bag and sighed, looking around. She was hungry, she realised she hadn’t ate the whole plane ride and she thought she deserved some food now. She got up and went to go find her luggage so she could leave this place and get something to eat.
She didn’t know where anything was though and had to ask around to figure out where she got her luggage, though she had been on a plane so many times in her life you think she would know something like this. But everything single time she flew somewhere it felt like the first time.
When she finally had her luggage she pulled it all to the front of the airport and sat down, waiting for her aunt to come pick her up.
She looked at her watch and realised her aunt might not be there for a while, she was never the most reliable person. The last time her mom told her aunt to pick her up somewhere it took her almost an hour, she claimed she got lost, but Sonrisa knew better because she saw the shopping bags in the back seat.
Sonrisa decided she could get something small to eat first, she got up and then looked back at her bags. She defiantly could not bring those into a restaurant. She sat back down annoyed, she just wanted to be home now and eat something. She looked back into the airport and saw a sign that said Cafe on it. She smiled, a cafe in the middle of the airport. She got up, but realised she still didn’t know what to do with her bags.
“Ugh!” She said, frustrated, she felt so trapped.
“Are you okay?” She heard someone ask.
“Not really.” she said turning around to see a young woman, Sonrisa looked at her and raised an eyebrow, the woman was wearing leopard print tights under a black dress and a bright red leather jacket.
“What’s wrong?” The woman asked, Sonrisa realised the woman had a slight accent, she didn’t know what though.
“Everything.” Sonrisa said, she just wanted to vent to someone. “My stupid aunt sent me away to Spain for my freshman year of high school because she thought I needed help. And now all I want is to eat but I can’t leave my luggage just laying around.”
“I’ll watch your luggage for you.” The woman said, shrugging.
Sonrisa looked at her suspiciously, “and how do I know your not going to look through it and steal my valuables.”
The woman laughed, “Sonrisa, right?”
“How do you know my name, have you been watching me?” Sonrisa asked, crossing her arms.
“I’m Simonetta Bertinelli, Sacia’s older sister.” The woman said, holding out her hand.
“Wait, does that mean Sacia is here?” Sonrisa said hopefully, and just ignored the hand.
“Nope, It’s only me.” Simonetta said, putting her hand on her hip and shaking her head. “I’m here visiting my family, I just arrived.”
“And that’s what you wear while traveling.” Sonrisa said. “I don’t think I want to know what you wear wen going out.”
“What, you don’t like my outfit?” She asked.
“Not really.” Sonrisa said, she was known for always telling the truth.
“Whatever, I like it.” Simonetta said. “So you’re hungry? Go on and eat, I’ll watch your stuff. Is anyone coming here to pick you up?”
“Yeah, my aunt. But she wont be here for a while.” Sonrisa said, getting up and staring at her. “You better not steal anything.”
Simonetta laughed. Sonrisa just shrugged and went inside following the sign for the Cafe. When she got to it she was disappointed to see the store only sold coffee.
“What kind of cafe only sells coffee.” Sonrisa said to herself. She walked back outside and told Simonetta about the cafe.
“That’s a sucky cafe.” Simonetta said. She shrugged and started gathering her stuff. “Well, to bad. I gotta go now. See you later.”
Sonrisa said goodbye and watched her leave, leaving her completely alone again. She hated the feeling of being alone, so she decided to call Sacia. Maybe she could pick her up.
“Sonny?!” She heard Sacia say after only one ring.
“Yep.” Sonrisa said, feeling better already. “I’m stuck at the airport. My mom sent the aunt to pick me up.”
“Hey I ran into your sister, Simonetta.” She added.
“Yeah, she’s visiting for the weekend, but trust me that won’t ruin your first weekend back.” Sacia said, sounding excited. “Hey, do you want me to pick you up?”
“Could you? That would be awesome.” Sonrisa said. “I’m right in front of the airport.”
“Great, I’ll be right there. I missed you so much.” Sacia said.
“Me too.” Sonrisa said, hanging up. She smiled to herself, maybe things could go right back to the way things were before everything started.
“Hopefully.” she sighed.

No comments:

Post a Comment