Sunday, October 9, 2011

The Battle of the Parties pt2; “It’s not like her party is going to be better then yours.”


It was after school on the same day and Fedora was just chilling in her room listening to her MP3 player when Bentley, her step brother, knocked on her door and told her someone was here for her. She got up reluctantly and went downstairs to see who it was.
Harriette was standing by the doorway looking annoyed. Fedora sighed, she knew Harriette was here to yell at her for planning to throw a Halloween party.
“You don’t own the right too throw a party, you know that, right?” Fedora said, crossing her arms.
“But why are you throwing one when everyone knows that the Populars always plan one!” Harriette exclaimed.
Fedora rolled her eyes, this was so typically Harriette. “Just because you guys always plan a party doesn’t mean that I can’t. Me and my friends don’t want to go to another stupid Popular party, where everyone makes fun of us. My party is for me and my friends. Okay?”
“Whatever, just don’t expect anyone but losers to go to it.’ Harriette said, crossing her arms.
“It’s a good thing I only want losers to come.” Fedora said.
“Well, I have to go.” Harriette said. “My mom is doing a late shift at work so I need to baby sit the twins.”
“Bye.” Fedora said, annoyed how Harriette could go from yelling at her to pretending they were friends again.
After Harriette left Fedora went to the kitchen to get a snack, Bentley was already in there.
“Fighting with your friend again?” Bentley asked.
“She isn’t my friend.” Fedora said, opening the fridge, hoping to see something other then health food. She didn’t.
“That’s what you always say.” Bentley said.
“Whatever.” Fedora said, annoyed. She shut the fridge and turned to leave the kitchen and away from Bentley.
“Me and my friend are going out, do you want something to eat?” Bentley asked, getting off of the counter he was sitting on. “Something that isn’t health food?”
Fedora turned around, she always got annoyed when Bentley would try to play the cool brother role. But she did want something to eat, preferably a Cinnabun, her favorite food.
“A Cinnabun?” Bentley asked, reading her mind.
“Fine.” Fedora said, relunctantly.
“Hey, I wont get you anything if you don’t want it.” Bentley said.
“I want it!” Fedora said, fustrated.
He laughed, “got it, I’ll be home before Mom.” He said before leaving the kitchen and heading outside. Fedora sighed, she hated it when he called her mom, mom. She went upstairs and tried to relax again.
_
“I just cannot believe she would do this.” Harriette said to Collin, who she was venting to, while pacing back and forth.
“Well, she has a point...” Collin said slowly.
“A point!?” Harriette exclaimed, surprised that Collin would take Fedora’s side. ”And what is her point?”
“Why would she want to go to a party that the Populars, who always make fun of her, are throwing?” Collin asked.
“I know, but why couldn't she just do something smaller?” Harriette said. “Like a  get together of friends, not a party. Something only for her and her friends.”
“Yeah, I guess you’re right.” Collin said, nodding thoughtfully. “But, you know Fedora, she is probably just doing this to annoy you or something.”
“But why?” Harriette asked.
“Because you’re popular, and you left her.” Collin said, shrugging.
“But I didn’t leave her, she pushed me.” Harriette said.
“Yeah, but that just isn’t how Fedora thinks of it most of the time.” Collin said. “Why are you so worried anyway? It’s not like her party is going to be better then yours.”
“Yeah, you’re right.” Harriette said, smiling. “Thanks, Collin.”
She hugged Collin and then skipped out the room to check on the twins.

No comments:

Post a Comment