Thursday, October 27, 2011

The Battle of the Parties pt5; ““You’re here for the cookies aren’t you?”.”


Fedora knocked on Collin and Harriette’s shared bedroom door, knowing Harriette wasn’t home, she was out shopping with her friends for the party.
“Come in.” Collin called.
“Hey.” Fedora said, going into the room. Collin was sitting on his bed drawing, what he is always doing.
“What are you drawing?” Fedora asked, jumping onto the bed next to him.
“Um, nothing.” Collin said, hiding his picture.
“Ooo, what is it?” Fedora said, trying to grab for the drawing pad.
“It’s nothing really.” Collin said, throwing it onto Harriette’s bed. “What do you want?”
“Oh, I can’t just come over to hang out, like back in the days?” Fedora asked, leaning back.
“You can, but I just think you want something.” Collin said, shrugging. “Probably about Harriette’s party.”
“Okay, you got me.” Fedora said, sitting up straight. “She was being nice yesterday, what was that about?”
“Are you serious?” Collin asked. “You’re worried because she was nice to you?”
“Um, yeah. Why would she be nice, she’s mad at me. Remember?” Fedora said.
“Fedora, she was just being nice. She told me about it.” Collin said. “If you think she has an evil plan, she doesn’t”
“Really?” Fedora asked.
“Yeah.” Collin said.
“Well, I guess I’ll go now so you can finished you’re super secret drawing.” Fedora said, getting off the bed.
“Bye.” Collin said.
“See you later, alligator.” Fedora said leaving the room and going down stairs. She paused at the kitchen, something smelled good. She peeked into the kitchen and saw Harriette’s mom pull out a batch of Halloween cookies. Fedora licked her lips and walked into the kitchen.
“Hello, Mrs. Brown.” She said sitting at the kitchen table.
“You’re here for the cookies aren’t you?” Mrs. Brown said, laughing.
“You caught me.” Fedora said.
“Well, they have to cool first.” Mrs. Brown said.
“How long?” Fedora asked.
“Ten minutes.” Mrs. Brown said.
“So long, I might starve before then.” Fedora said dramatically. “You don’t want me to die, do you?.”
“Fedora Honey, you won’t die.” Mrs. Brown said, setting the cookies on the table. Fedora stared at them longingly, why would she even put them so close to her?
“Well, I think I can wait, just a little longer. “ Fedora said, sighing dramactically.
“Yes, you can.” Mrs. Brown said.
“So, what are your Halloween plans, auntie.” Fedora said.
“Well, I’m going to take Willow and Finn trick-or-treating and then i am going to come home and help Harriette with her party.” Mrs. Brown said.
“Sounds like your life revolves around your kids.” Fedora said.
“Well, that is what happens when you have kids.” Mrs. Brown said.
“Really?” Fedora said. “No kids for me then.”
Mrs. brown laughed, “that’s what everyone says when they’re young.”
“I’m serious!” Fedora said. “If kids take my life away, then no children for me.”
“Whatever you say, Fedora.” Mrs. Brown said. Fedora watched as she started to make more cookies.
“Wow, you’re going to be all set for Halloween Cookies.” Fedora said.
“Well, the kids love them, so I just know they’re going to eat them all at once.” Mrs. Brown said.
“Hey, who’s going to pass out the candy here?” Fedora asked. “My mom is doing at our house. I feel bad for anyone who stops by there.”
“I haven’t thought of that...” Mrs. Brown said.
“Oops.” Fedora said. “I guess you’ll just have to turn your porch light.”
“Oh, well.” Mrs. brown said. “I guess I could get Fisher to help.”
“You trust Fisher with this job?” Fedora asked. “I wouldn’t.”
“Fisher is a perfectly fine boy.” Mrs. Brown said.
“Whatever you say.” Fedora said.
“The cookies should be done, help yourself.” Mrs. Brown said. Fedora grabbed three and got up.
“Well, See you later, Mrs. B.” Fedora said.
As Fedora was Leaving she bumped into Harriette and Tamarai.
“Oh, didn’t see you there.” Fedora said, taking a bite of one of her cookies. “Yumm, your mom makes the best cookies, I should come over more often.”
“Um, hi.” Harriette said. “We just came back from shopping for the party.”
“I know, you told me.” Fedora said. “Well, Gotta go. See you later, alligators.”
She left the house thinking about her mission, was it a success? Duh, she got cookies of course it was a success. She believed Collin too, nothing to worry about. To be honest, it’s hard to be worried about anything while you’re eating cookies.

No comments:

Post a Comment