Friday, March 30, 2012

Spring Break Plans

Note: Posting this today because I might be busy all day tomorrow. Enjoy.


“What are you up to for spring break?” Sacia asked Fedora one day after school. They were hanging out in Sacia’s back yard and spring break was only a week away.
Fedora shrugged, “probably just going to laze around.”
“My sister invited me to her house,” Sacia said.
“Which sister?” Fedora asked though it was obvious, Serena would never ask Sacia to come over.
“Simone, duh,” Sacia said.
“So cool,” Fedora said. “But, isn’t it, like, cold in New Jersey at this time of year? People usually go to warm places.”
Sacia shrugged, “I guess, but when you live in California you want to go somewhere cold, also a week away from my parents hanging out with Simone and her friend, sounds good enough for me.”
“You’re right,” Fedora said. “I’ll probably get invited to go somewhere with Harriette’s fam. We always do.”
“True,” Sacia said.
“Or I could spend it in your backyard,” Fedora said.
Sacia laughed, “prime vacation spot, my backyard.”
“Hey, you have a pool,” Fedora said, “That makes it pretty great.”
--
The next day Sacia appeared at Fedora door jumping with excitement.
“What’s up?” Fedora asked.
“Me, Simone, and her friend are going to stay in a super cool hotel in NYC for spring break,” Sacia said.
“Wow,” Fedora said, “now I’m jealous.”
“But wait,” Sacia said, “she said I could bring a friend.”
Fedora grinned, “really?”
“Totally,” Sacia said, “ and that friend is you.”
“That’s awesome,” Fedora said.
“What’s awesome?” Fedora’s mom asked.
“Oh,” Fedora said, she hadn’t noticed her mom.
“My sister invited her to join us in NYC for spring break,” Sacia said.
“That’s funny, because my sister invited us to spend spring break with them at their vacation house.”
“Oh,” Sacia said.
Fedora rolled her eyes, “we can stay in the vacation house another time, I want to go with Sacia. Her sister is super cool, and it won’t just be her it’s one of her friends too.”
“Who’s her friend?” her mom asked,
“Her name is Lauren Barlow,” Sacia said, “she went to the same school as Simone, my sister.”
“That name sounds familiar,” Fedora’s mom said.
“Lightbulb,” Fedora said, “she used to date Harriette’s brother.”
“Oh, yeah,” her mom said. “She’s very respectable.”
“So I can go?” Fedora said.
“Sure,” her mom said, “just don’t do anything stupid.”
“Thanks Mrs. Bannister,” sacia said.
“It’s Mrs. Hills.” Fedora’s mom said.
Fedora rolled her eyes and turned to Sacia, “yay.”
“This is going to be the best spring break ever.”

No comments:

Post a Comment