Monday, April 23, 2012

“Am I the only one sad to be leaving this school,”

April was coming to a close and Fedora felt like graduation was so close, it was really unnerving.
“We have all of May left,” Sacia said.“there’s still a long time to go, unfortunately.”
“Am I the only one sad to be leaving this school,” Fedora asked.
“Probably,” Bryan said, he had just appeared and sat down next to Sacia.
“Oh, hi,” Sacia said.
Fedora frowned, “but what are the chances we’re ever going to see any of these people again?”
“Pretty high,” Sacia said.
“Not for me,” Fedora said, “I mean I’m going to college all the way in massachusetts and then I’ll be going to law school, in massachusetts, and then I’m moving to New York, so there is no reason for me to ever come back to California, unless I wanted to visit my family.”
“See?” Sacia said, “When you come to visit, some of these people will still be here. Why do you even care, I thought you hated everyone? I thought you hated this school.”
“I do!” Fedora said, “but after I graduate this will all be over, it’s really depressing, I’ll never get to hate these people again.”
“Hey, at least we’ll be pretty close,” Sacia said.
Fedora shrugged, “not that close, you’ll be in a different state.”
“Yeah, a state that is right next to Massachusetts,” Sacia said.
“I wish I was going to college in New York,” Fedora sighed, she loved New York, she felt a special connection to it.
“Harvard is your dream school,” Sacia reminded her.
“Yeah,” Fedora said, brightening up, “My grandma went there, and she was the best lawyer ever. But she also lived in New York before that.”
Sacia laughed, “well you don’t actually want to be just like her.”
“Yeah,” Fedora said, “I’m going to New York this summer though.”
“Really?” Sacia said.
“Yep,” Fedora said, “my mom promised me I could spend three weeks with my dad, it’s like a going away present, I guess.”
“That’s awesome,” Sacia said, “I’m spending the summer at the family beach house with all my extended family that can’t even speak English. But Simone might be there, so that’s cool.”
“Speaking of family that can’t speak English,” Bryan said, “my grandmother on my mothers side is coming over for the weekend, and the only English she knows is hello and goodbye, which doesn’t help much because those are the only words I know in Spanish anyway.”
“I’m glad my family is all American,” Fedora laughed.
“But you actually know some Spanish,” Bryan said.
“True,” Fedora said, “and I guess I don’t actually know that much about Bentley’s family, they could all be from, like, Germany or something.”
“True,” Sacia said.
“Hi,” AeGuk said, walking up to their table.
“What took you so long?” Fedora asked.
“S-sorry,” AeGuk said, sitting next to Fedora, “The T-t-teacher wanted t-to taalk to me me.”
“Oh, cool,“ Fedora said, “We were just talking about family members who don’t speak English. Which I’m sure you know a lot about.”
“Oh,” AeGuk said.
“But he doesn’t have a problem because he can actually speak Korean,” Bryan said.
“You’re right,” Fedora said, “I guess you guys are the only ones with that problem.”
“I guess so,” Sacia said. “Hey, what are you doing for summer, Bryan?”
“I don’t know yet,” Bryan said, “probably something with the family.”
“Why is summer always about spending time with family?” Fedora asked.
Bryan shrugged, “because we’re so busy during the school year.”
“Maybe,” Fedora said.
The bell rang, signaling that lunch was over They all said goodbye and went their separate. Fedora thought about how much she would miss talking to her friends at lunch.
At least there was still the rest of May.

No comments:

Post a Comment