Monday, October 22, 2012

Tiffany Lee, AKA Sakura Mori AKA Belle Chang

Tiffany is more than just a new name. It’s a new me.
Tiffany Lee, AKA Sakura Mori AKA Belle Chang, changed her name this year to fit the new her. Gone were her weeaboo days, she’s moved on to something big and better. Korea. She loved everything about that place, the culture, the music, and, mostly, the people. She was obsessed. Over the summer she had discovered the group Super Junior and ever since then she’s been obsessed with them and everything else Korean.
She thought it would be too obnoxious to change her name to a completely Korean name, so she took the name from her favorite girl from Girls’ Generation, another one of her recent obsessions and paired it with a random Korean last name. Which just happened to also be the last name of her favorite from Super Junior, but she swears it was random.
She spent the first few weeks correcting anyone who called her Sakura, but by now everyone seemed to get it.
“Sakura!”
Well, everyone except Dreams. Tiffany’s annoying step sister who wouldn’t leave her alone about the name change. She wasn’t very fond of the last one either, but she hadn’t known it was fake until it was too late and she was already used to calling her Sakura.
Tiffany ignored her.
“Sakura, I know you’re in there,” Dreams said. And Tiffany was indeed in her bedroom, where Dreams was standing outside the door.
“I’m sorry, who’s Sakura?” Tiffany said.
She could practically hear Dreams roll her eyes, “you’re being a diva.”
“Correction, I’m being me,” Tiffany said.
“Then you’re a diva,” Dreams said, “Look, I really need to borrow your computer.”
Tiffany laughed, Dreams was always downloading viruses so she rarely actually had a computer.
“Don’t laugh,” dream said.
“Well maybe if you called me by my name,” Tiffany said.
“Okay the,” Dream said, “Can I please borrow your computer, Belle?”
“I’m gonna kill you,” Tiffany said.
“Girls, please stop fighting,” their mom called from upstairs, “you’re upsetting Charlie.”
Charlie was the new baby, who was all Tiffany’s mom cared about lately.
“Sakura’s not letting me borrow her computer,” Dreams called back.
“Her name is Tiffany,” her mom replied. Tiffany smiled, sometimes her mom had her back.
“Ugh,” Dreams said, “fine, can I please borrow your computer, Tiffany?”
“Yes.”

No comments:

Post a Comment