Sunday, March 17, 2013

Little bit of, little bit of that

The Prom Theme is Out!
Everyone crowded around the bulletin board. Today the Prom theme was announced and everyone wanted to see what kind of magical night it would be.
The reactions were different. Some people laughed. Some people rolled their eyes. And some people though it was the most brilliant idea yet.
Candy Land.
Yep, Harriette got her way as always. No one but a few stragglers dared to vote for anything but her idea.
For Dreams it just solidified her choice of not going to the prom. No way would she spend a night messing around in a ballroom full of obnoxious candy decor. It just was not her.
“I can’t believe you’re going to miss the biggest night of High School,” Sakura, oh wait, Tiffany said.
“Yeah, well maybe if anyone in this school had an original bone in their body I would go,” dreams said, “But nope, they all sided with Harriette.”
“Maybe they actually liked the idea,” Tiffany said.
Dream laughed cynically, “yeah, right.”
Sakura, Tiffany, shook her head. “You are acting like a ten year old,” she put on a high childish voice “No I won’t go to this dance because I don’t like the theme!”
“Shut up,” Dreams said.
“Just being honest,” Tiffany said, getting up from where she was sitting and casting a sad glance at Dreams, “But hey, think about going to prom? I don’t wanna go alone.”
Dream sighed, she didn’t exactly want to ruin Sakura’s night... But Dreams wouldn’t budge. Candyland? No way.


Sacia sees Bentley in NYC
“No way!” Sacia exclaimed in the middle of a bustling New York Cafe, catching the attention of quite a few of the other customers. But she didn’t notice, all she could see was the guy who looked incredibly like Bentley Hills.
“what’s up?” Simone asked, looking towards whatever Sacia was gawking at.
“Bentley Hills!” Sacia said, striding across the crowded cafe and stopping right in front of him. Here she could tell that she was definitely not mistaken, it was Bentley.
“Oh, Sacia,” he said, looking her up and down. “I forgot you lived here.”
“What are you doing here?” Sacia asked.
“Taking a break from school,” Bentley said, “Figuring out what I want to do.”
“Hey, that’s what I’m doing!” Sacia said.
“I thought you were pursuing a modeling career?” Simone asked.
“Yeah, hardly,” Sacia said.
Bentley glanced at Simone, then back to Sacia, “who’s she?”
“I’m right here,” Simone said, “And I’m Simonetta, but you can just call me Simone because, really, that name is ridiculous.”
Bentley laughed, “nice to meet you, Simone.”
“She’s my sister,” Sacia said.
“I can see the resemblance.” Bentley said.
“She actually dropped out of college too,” Sacia said.
“I didn’t drop out,” Bentley said.
“Sure,” Sacia said, rolling her eyes. “Anyway I better get going, got a job to be getting to. We should hang out sometime.”
“Sure, see you later,” Bentley said.
“I’ll call you,” Sacia said.
“You have my phone number?” Bentley asked.
“Of course, I have everyone’s phone number,” Sacia said. “See you later.”
And with that Sacia and Simone left the cafe and started on their way to the Salon.
“He’s hot,” Simone said.
“Tell me something I don’t know,” Sacia said, “But he’s also Fedora’s step brother.”
“So?” Simone said. “Doesn’t stop him from being hot. Does he got a girlfriend.”
“Wow it sounds like you’re interested,” Sacia teased.
“Girl, I have a girlfriend,” Simone said, “I’m asking because of you.”
“I’m not gonna date my best friend’s brother,” Sacia said.
“Step brother,” Simone said. “And why not?”
“Because that’s weird,” Sacia said. “Fedora hates him.”
“Didn’t you date her cousin?” Simone said.
“That’s different,” Sacia said. “Plus I don’t even like Bentley. He’s way too conceited.”
Simone just laughed. They arrived at the salon, which meant back to work. Sacia took her usual seat at the front desk as her sister went into the back to get ready.
During a break Sacia called Fedora to let her know about Bentley being in New York.
“He dropped out?” Fedora said after laughing uncontrollably for at least ten minutes.
“Yeah,” Sacia said, “he said he’s taking a break. Funny, right?”
“Totally,” Fedora said, “I hate that he had to come to New York to do that. New York is my place.”
“Chill,” Sacia said, “It’s a big city, I bet you’ll never have to see him.”
“You really think he’s gonna allow that?” Fedora laughed, “No the second he hears that I’m in town he gonna seek me out. I think you’re forgetting that this is Bentley, he spent his whole senior year annoying me.”
“You’re probably right,” sacia said, “Oh god, Simone is staring at me. Better get back to work. TTYL.”
“Please don’t say that aloud ever again,” Fedora groaned, “Talk to you later.”
“I’ll call you once I’m out of work,” Sacia said, “Oh by the way, are you coming down for the weekend?”
“Probably,” Fedora said, “I need a break from all this studying.”
“Yay,” Sacia said. “Talk to you later.”
“There’s a customer at the desk,” Simone said once Sacia hung up.
Sacia sighed and stalked back over to the desk where a classy looking middle aged woman was standing looking thoroughly annoyed.
“I apologize for the wait,” Sacia said sweetly, “What can I help you with?”
“I have a appointment that I want rescheduled,” the woman said.
“Oh, I don’t know how to do that,” Sacia said, “I’ll go get my boss.”
The woman let out an annoyed sigh as Sacia got up and went into the back where Simone was mixing some dye. “I got somebody who wants to reschedule an appointment.”
“Okay, reschedule it.” Simone said.
“I don’t know how,” Sacia said.
“Fine,” Sacia said, taking off her gloves, “don’t touch anything.”
“I won’t,” Sacia said, watching Simone hurry out of the room.
“I hate my job,” Sacia sighed.

No comments:

Post a Comment