Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Dreams and Tiffany chatting it up before bed.


Maybe it was being on the prom committee, or maybe it was because of Sakura, Tiffany, but for some reason Dreams had found herself in possession of a prom ticket and plans to actually go.
“This is gonna be great, “ Tiffany said when Dreams told her. “Me, you, at prom.”
Dream just shrugged.
“But wait, you need a dress!” Tiffany said.
“Uhm,” Dreams said, “no. I”m just gonna wear something I already have, okay?”
Tiffany sighed, “Fine. Just please don’t show up in jeans.”
Dreams laughed, “don’t worry, I’m not gonna embarrass you.”
“I’m gonna keep you to that,” Tiffany said.
Dreams laughed.
When Dreams first met Tiffany she hated her. Back then she was Sakura, who was obsessed with pink and anything Japanese. Dreams had to admit that she liked Tiffany a lot more.
“Hey,” Dreams said, “are you still gonna be Tiffany when we graduate?”
Tiffany shrugged, “maybe, maybe not. You know I don’t know what I’m gonna do after we graduate.”
“Don’t you think it’s a bit weird?” Dream said, “That you changed so suddenly?”
“Yeah, I guess,” Tiffany said, “But I was tired of being Sakura, so I wanted to change. I’ve changed a lot actually. Two years ago I was Isabel, a lover of theatre and France. The year before that I was ‘Princess’ yeah that was probably the worst.”
Dreams laughed, “I’m glad I didn’t know you then.”
“The only thing that has never changed is my favorite color,” Tiffany said, “I still love pink. Maybe I’ll just be Bella after graduation.”
“Bella.” Dreams repeated, “Your real name.”
“I hate that name,” Tiffany laughed, “That’s the reason I changed it in the first place. So maybe I’ll just stay Tiffany.”
“I like Tiffany,” Dreams said.
“Tiffany Chang,” Tiffany said, Chang being her real last name.
Dream laughed, “You’re really weird.”
“Are you gonna miss this place?” Tiffany asked, “When we go off to college?”
“Well since I haven't’ exactly chosen where to go to college yet, I don’t know,” Dreams said. “I could just end up staying here in Broad Meadows attending A.L.U.”
“That would be great,” Tiffany said, grinning, “Me and you going to the same college.”
“Oh god no,” Dreams teased.
“By the way?” Tiffany said, “what do you want to do when you grow up?”
Dreams paused, “Honestly, this might sound a little weird, but I want to be a doctor.”
“Because of dad?” Tiffany said.
Dreams shrugged, “Not really. Though he does have something to do with it. It’s mostly because it just feels right.”
“I always thought you had some secret passion for rock music or something,“ Tiffany said, “You look like you should.”
“You can’t read a book by it’s cover,”  Dreams said.
Tiffany laughed.
“You know you’re really not that bad, Tiffany,” Dreams said.
“Thank you,” Tiffany said.
“Lights out!” their dad called from down the hall where he was surely standing next to the light switch waiting for Dreams and Sakura to go to their respective rooms.
“Good night, sis,” Tiffany said.
“‘Night.” Dream said.
As she drifted off to sleep dreams realised that though she hated A.L. High and the majority of the students she would miss it a bit, but it would be more like missing being a teen.

No comments:

Post a Comment