Friday, September 2, 2011

Sonrisa pt 5; “You know what, Sacia?”


“Hey, Sacia?” Sonrisa said, running up to Sonrisa, who was hanging out with Bryan. The party had been going on for about two hours now and Sonrisa was getting bored of feigning interest in whatever Harriette was talking about.
“Yeah?” Sacia asked, looking worried.
“Come on, I’m tired.” Sonrisa said. “And seriously, Harriette is more then annoying, why again did we even hang out with her before?”
“I don’t even know.” Sacia said, she turned to Bryan. “Tell Fedora I left, okay?”
“Okay.” Bryan said, smiling.
“Good, bye.” Sacia said, following Sonrisa out the door.
“You didn’t tell anyone, right?” Sonrisa said, as soon as they got in the car. This was something that was bugging her throughout the whole party, Fedora kept looking at her weird and she didn’t like it.
“What?” Sacia said, shocked.
“You know what I mean, about why I left.” Sonrisa said, annoyed.
“I didn’t.” Sacia said. “Why would I?”
“But Fedora kept giving me looks.” Sonrisa said.
“Fedora doesn't like you. You called her fat on so many occasions, of course she is giving you looks.” Sacia turned on the car and pulled out.
“But she kept asking me weird questions about the food and why I left and stuff.” Sonrisa said.
“Sonny, you’re being paranoid.” Sacia said.
“Good, ‘cause I already get enough of that stuff at home.” Sonny said, rolling her eyes.
“You know what, Sacia?” Sonrisa said after a driving silently for awhile. “I really do feel better. Like happier. I don’t even care about being popular anymore, which is a big relief, because that was taking over my life before, especially if being popular means hanging out with Harriette.”
“That’s good.” Sacia said, nodding.
“I think the whole experience just made me a stronger person.” Sonrisa said.
“Good.” Sacia said. They drove quietly for a while until Sonrisa finally spoke up again.
“That’s why I’m going with my family to Spain.” Sonrisa said, quickly.
“How long?” Sacia asked as they pulled into Sonrisa’s driveway.
“We’re moving.” Sonrisa said, looking at Sacia, trying to gauge her reaction, she looked shocked. “I’ll probably stay there for the rest of high school.”
“But you just got here.”
“My parents thought it would be better if I said goodbye in person, that’s why I didn’t just go there right away.” Sonrisa said, she looked over at Sacia and could she was upset. “I’m sorry. But I don’t want to stay here. All the people and places here just give me bad memories. Just being at that party and remembering the pressure to be popular and pretty was bad for me.”
Sacia just stared ahead quietly, Sonrisa could tell she was upset.
“Of course not you, Sacia.” Sonrisa said. “I’ll write and call you all the time. And I’ll come visit, or you could come visit me, either way is fine. I’ll miss you.”
“Yeah.” Sacia said quietly.
“I’m leaving on Monday, so we still have the weekend.” Sonrisa said, trying to be positive.
Sacia just nodded nodded.
Sonrisa nodded, she could tell Sacia wanted to be alone then. “I’ll see you tomorrow.”
“Bye.” Sacia said.
Sonrisa got out of the car and watched as Sacia drove away, she knew she was doing the right thing by leaving, but she couldn’t help but be sad. She was leaving her best friend, who had stuck with her throughout the whole ordeal.
‘But now I need to do this myself’ She thought as Sacia’s car turned the corner and she could no longer see it.

No comments:

Post a Comment