Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Sonrisa pt 6; “Ugh, goodbye sounds so final.”


Monday came way too fast for Sacia Moretti, she was sitting on her back porch on Monday morning, trying to forget that her best friend was leaving that day.
“Sacia, your friend is here.” Her mom called out to her. Sacia sighed, that must be Bryan here to pick her up for school. She quickly said goodbye to her mom and ran out to the car.
“Okay, let’s go.” She said as she got in the car.
“No greeting for me?” Bryan said, looking offended.
Sacia glared at him. “I don’t feel like greeting people today.”
“Okay.” Bryan said quickly, pulling out of the driveway. They drove the rest of the way in silence.
Sacia jumped out of the car as soon as they stopped. “See you later.” She waved and ran up the steps into the school and to her locker.
“Hey, Sacia.” Fedora said as Sacia walked up the her locker. “You can get in trouble for running in the halls
“Hey.” Sacia said opening her locker and putting her bag in it and ignoring Fedora’s last comment.
“Sonny’s leaving today, right?” Fedora asked.
“Yep. “ Sacia said, not looking at fedora.
“Hey, come on,” Fedora said, seeing that she was upset, “cheer up.”

“I won’t.” Sacia said, closing her locker and turning to Fedora and crossing her arms. “I don’t need to.”
“Okay.” Fedora said, annoyed. “But don’t expect me to be sad with you.”
“You suck.” Sacia said, abruptly turning around and walking away leaving Fedora by herself.
-
“Hey.” Bryan said as Sacia walked up to the lunch table, so far school had been uneventful and Sacia was glad about that.
“Hey.” Sacia said. She noticed Fedora was not there, “where is Fedora.?”
“She went to get ice cream with AeGuk” Bryan said.
“Ice cream in the middle of the school day.” Sacia said, opening up her lunch. “So Fedora.”
“Yeah.” Bryan said.
“Why didn’t you go?” Sacia asked, taking a bite of the pasta her mom had made her for lunch.
“I didn’t want to leave you here.” Bryan said, shrugging.
“Well, okay.” Sacia said.
They ate silently until Fedora ran up to their table, gathering looks from people on the way. She had a ice cream cone in one hand and a brown paper bag in the other.
“I got you a present.” She announced as she sat down. She slid the bag over to Sacia and Sacia opened it with caution.
“A muffin? where did you go that sold ice cream and muffins?” Sacia asked, amused.
“There was a coffee shop next to the ice cream parlor, duh.” Fedora said, shrugged and continued to eat her ice cream.
“Where’s AeGuk?” Bryan asked.
“Yeah, I think I lost him, I raced him back to the school.” Fedora shrugging again. “I guess he couldn’t handle my speed.”
Sacia laughed, “you’re insane”
“At least I got you to laugh.” Fedora said.
Sacia shrugged, “well a muffin is better then whatever my mom packed for desert.”
“What is it?” Fedora said, in between licks of her ice cream.
“Umm...” Sacia said as she opened the lid to one of her container. “Store bought sugar cookies.”
“Yum.” Fedora said, grabbing them. “My mom never buys store bought cookies, all she does is make healthy stuff, ew.”
“Where is your lunch anyway?” Sacia asked.
Fedora shrugged, “oh, I just threw that out, I had planned to eat at school, but then I saw how disgusting the food was so I got ice cream instead.”
Sacia shook her head and went back to eating.
-
After school Sacia drove straight to Sonrisa’s house. Sonny was sitting on the front steps when Sacia arrived, Sacia noticed the moving vans on the street.
“Hey.” Sacia said, sitting next to Sonny.
“Hey.” Sonrisa said. “How was school?”
“The usual.” Sacia said, shrugging. “Long and boring.”
“Yeah, so was my day,” Sonrisa said, “just packing, packing and packing.”
“Well, you have like the biggest house in town, of course it’s going to take a long time to pack.”
“Well, I don’t like to brag but, it is pretty big? isn’t it?” Sonrisa laughed.
“What does the house in Spain look like, have you seen it?” Sacia asked.
“Oh, it’s nice.” Sonrisa said. “A little smaller. I still get my own master bathroom though, if I didn’t then I would just stay here. That is a necessity”
Sacia laughed, “you’re are such a rich person,”
“Always and forever.” Sonrisa said.
“Risa!” Sonny’s mom called. “Time to go.”
“Oh, well.” Sonny said getting up. “Do you want to come with us, to the airport?
“No, I think I’ll just say good bye here.” Sacia said, also getting up.
“Well then, goodbye.” Sonny said, hugging Sacia. “I’ll email you everyday.”
“I’ll text you everyday.” Sacia said, pulling away. “I’ll miss you.”
“I’ll miss you more.” Sonrisa said.
“Goodbye.” Sacia said.
“Ugh, goodbye sounds so final.” Sonrisa said. “I hate this.”
“I hate this more.” Sacia said.
“Of course you do, you have to be stay here stuck with Fedora and the losers.” Sonny said.
“Um, yeah.” Sacia said quietly.
“After I graduate, I’m coming back to save you, okay?” Sonny said.
“Okay.” Sacia said.
“Risa!” Sonrisa’s mom called again.
“Well, I gotta go.” Sonny said, “see you later.”
“Yeah.” Sacia said as she walked away to her car.
“Have fun with the losers!” She heard Sonny call as she pulled out of the driveway.
“They’re not losers.” She wanted to call out, but she didn’t, she just drove away silently, ready to move on.

No comments:

Post a Comment