Monday, September 12, 2011

Sonrisa pt 6; “She had a...problem.”


“She’s leaving this Monday. “ Sacia said to Fedora. They were sitting on Sacia’s back porch talking about Sonrisa.
“Oh, that’s to bad.” Fedora said, trying to sound sympathetic, though she couldn’t care less.
“I know you don’t care.” Sacia said. “You were the one giving her looks at the party.”
“Don’t tell me she is leaving because she can’t handle my looks.” Fedora scoffed.
“She isn’t, she was going to leave anyway.” Sacia said. “She said she thought it would be better that way.”
“Why?” Fedora asked.
Sacia looked down. “She had a...problem.”
“What kind of problem?” Fedora asked, curiously.
“If I tell you, you cannot give her any looks,” Sacia stopped, looking over at her, “you know what, you should just stay away from her.”
“Do you not trust me?” Fedora said, laughing, but stopped when she saw Sacia was serious. “Okay, whatever. I didn’t really want to be around her anyway.”
“She had a...” Sacia paused.
“Does it have anything to do with cupcakes?” Fedora joked.
“Sort of?” Sacia said, looking up a Fedora.
“Wait, really?” Fedora said, raising her eyebrows. “Did she have a...”
Sacia shrugged. “Yes?”
“She had a eating problem?”
Sacia looked down.
“I was right!” Fedora said, jumping up. “She is, like, better now, right?”
“Of course, she is leaving cause she doesn’t like the pressure to be popular.” Sacia said, looking up at Fedora. “Look, you cannot tell anyone, not even Bryan.”
“Okay, I wont.” Fedora said. “So you were afraid she wouldn’t eat the cupcakes?”
“Yeah.” Sacia said.
“Oh, well. She did.” Fedora said. “And so did I, they were awesome! I should ask Harriette where she got them.”
Sacia laughed, “You are insane.”
“I can’t help it, I was born with it.” Fedora said. “Well, I better get home, if I wanna catch lunch before Bentley gets home.”
“Okay, bye.” Sacia said, getting up. “I’m going to be hanging out with Sonny for the rest of the day so, call me tomorrow.”
“Yep.” Fedora said. “See you later alligator.”
-
Sacia did spend the rest of the day with Sonny, they went out for lunch at Sonny’s favorite sushi place and then they went shopping and bought a bunch of stuff, including friendship bracelets. Then they went to watch a movie, then they ate at Sacia’s house, since Sacia’s Mom said she had to be home for dinner, because her sister’s were still visiting. Then they all went out for ice cream. Finally Sonrisa went home and Sacia tried to get some sleep.
But all she could think about was how Sonny was leaving on Monday. Sacia had waited two years for Sonrisa to come back and now that she had, she was leaving.

No comments:

Post a Comment