Saturday, December 3, 2011

My Christmas Wishlist pt 2; “I just love decorating for Christmas.”


Earlier, before dinner at the Brown’s house, Amado, Collin, and Bentley were hanging out in Amado’s room.  
“Have you guys went skiing before?” Amado asked Bentley and Collin.
“Yeah,” Collin said, “I went with my family multiple times.”
“I’ve gone once,” Bentley said, “my dad isn’t really the skiing type. I went with my mom and my real dad though, but that was years ago.”
“Well,” Amado said, “we are going on a skiing trip and my aunt said I could take you guys if you want.”
“Really?” Collin asked.
“I would not lie,” Amado said.
“So when is it?” Collin asked.
“First week of Christmas break,” Amado said. “and you’ll get to meet my cousins.”
“I have to ask my mom,” Collin said.
“Okay,” Amado said. “Will you come, Bentley?”
“I guess I have to ask my parents first,” Bentley said, “but my dad will say yes. He always does.”
“That is good,” Amado said, smiling.
--
Two hours later Harriette ad Tamarai were waiting outside the mall for their mom talking about their purchases.
“DaeRi is just going to adore that bag,” Harriette said, “don’t you think?”
“Of course,” Tamarai said. They saw their mom’s car pulled up and gathered their bags.
“How was shopping?” Their mom asked as they got into the car, Harriette in the passenger seat and Tamarai in the back.
“Great,” Tamarai said.
“Yep, we got a bunch of gifts,” Harriette said, “our list is almost empty, we’ll go again next week with DaeRi.”
“Well, that’s good,” their mom said.
“Where are the twins?” Tamarai asked.
“Back home with Collin,” their mom said.
“Did you invite Fedora?” Harriette asked.
“Yep,” their mom said, “they’ll be over at seven.”
“I’m so excited,” Tamarai said. “I just love decorating for Christmas.”
“I’d glad you’re excited,” their mom said.
Tamarai loved her life in the Brown family, sometimes she thought back to when she was an orphan in India, Christmas was not so much fun back then. Sometimes she thought about the kids she knew, she wondered if they found a family as great as hers.
When they arrived at home Finn and Willow immediately ran up to them.
“What did you buy?” Willow asked.
“Did you buy anything for us?” Finn asked.
“You’ll have to wait and see,” Harriette said.
Finn and Willow gasped and looked at each other.
“Okay,” they said together then ran upstairs.
“They’re so cute,” Tamarai squealed.
“Yeah,” Harriette said, “come on, let’s go hide these.”
“Yeah,” Tamarai said, they had bought things for Finn and Willow.
“We don’t want them sneaking around and finding them,” Harriette said.
They went up to Harriette’s room and stashed the bag with Finn and Willow’s presents into her closet on the top shelf.
“They’ll never be able to reach them there,” Harriette said.
“Yeah,” Tamarai said.
“You’re back,” Collin said.
“Oh, hi!” Harriette said. “I bet you can’t wait to see what I bought you.”
“You bought me something?” Collin asked.
“Of course,” Harriette said, “and you’ll love it.”
“Well then, I’m excited to see what it is,” Collin said.
“You’ll have to wait till Christmas,” Harriette said.
“I know,” Collin said.
“I’m going to go down stairs,” Tamarai said quietly.
“Okay,” Harriette said, “see you later.”
“Bye,” Collin said.
“Bye,” Tamarai said before leaving the room in a hurry.
“Where have you been?” Harriette asked.
“I went to the art museum,” Collin said.
“Cool,” Harriette said, though she did not understand how Collin could spend time staring at pictures.
“How was shopping?” Collin asked sitting on his bed.
“Fun,” Harriette said. “We bought the cutest bag for DaeRi, she couldn’t make it so we promised to buy her something for Christmas.”
“That’s cool,” Collin said.
“We also bought some presents for Finn and Willow,” Harriette said.
“What did you buy them?” Collin asked.
“We bought doll for Willow and a train set for Finn,” Harriette said.
“Wow,” Collin said. “They’ll love those.”
“Yeah,” Harriette said, “I really wanted to buy them something awesome.”
“I think you succeeded,” Collin said.
Harriette smiled, she remembered when she was young and all she wanted for Christmas was dolls and doll houses and stuff for dolls. She loved dolls and she wanted Willow to love them too.
She stared out the window and again wished that it snowed, this Christmas would be the best if it snowed. She shrugged and went downstairs to find Tamarai.

No comments:

Post a Comment