Thursday, December 8, 2011

My Christmas Wishlist pt 5; “You have such beautiful ornaments,”


Lizzie was indeed very cute, she had dark brown curly hair and green eyes like Finn and Willow had said. She also had a very pale complexion that Harriette thought should have made her look sick all the time but it just added to her cute looks.
Lizzie had brought along her sister who was home schooled, this sister looked just like Lizzie with dark hair and pale complexion. Her name was Daffodil, which Harriette thought was a silly name.
“Hi,” Lizzie said when Harriette’s mom had answered the door, her voice was equally cute. “Thank you for inviting me.”
“Anytime,” Harriette’s mom said.
Lizzie smiled at her.
“Lizzie!” Finn and Willow said, who had stopped playing with Sacia’s hair and ran up to her.
“Come on,” WiIllow said.
“I want to show you our room,” Finn said.
“And our dollhouse,” Willow said.
“Our dad made it for us,” Finn said.
“Okay,” Lizzie said, following them up the stairs.
“And you are?” Harriette asked the sister.
“Daffodil,” the sister said.
“Daffodil?” Fedora laughed, “and I thought my name was stupid.”
Daffodil giggled, “and what is your name?”
“Fedora,” Fedora said.
“Like the hat?” Daffodil giggled.
“Yep,” Fedora said, “I think my mom wasn’t in the right state of mind when she named me.”
Daffodil giggle again, “and what is the rest of your names?”
“I’m Harriette,” Harriette said.
“Very pretty name,” Daffodil said.
“I’m Bentley,” Bentley said, who was sitting on the couch next to Collin.
“Like the car,” Daffodil said, “I like it.”
“And I like your name too,” Bentley said.
“Thank you,” Daffodil said blushing, Bentley could make anyone blush just by talking to them. Fedora was rolling her eyes.
“What?” Collin asked, he had just been poked by Bentley.
“Introduce yourself,” Bentley said.
“Oh, I’m Collin,” Collin said.
“I’m Sacia,” Sacia said, who was trying to fix her hair.
“Isn’t that a guys name?” Daffodil said.
“Not Sasha, Sacia,” Sacia said, “S-A-C-I-A, Sacia.”
“Interesting,” Daffodil said.
“It’s Italian,” Sacia said, “I’m Italian.”
“I spent a summer in Italy before,” Daffodil said. “It’s very beautiful.”
“Yeah, I go there about once a year to visit relatives,” Sacia said, “though I never really lived there myself, I do know some Italian though.”
“I know Italian too,” Daffodil said, “I also know French and German.”
“I’ve always wanted  to learn Spanish,” Fedora said, “but I’m too lazy.”
Daffodil giggled.
“So I heard you’re home schooled,” Harriette’s mom said.
“Yes,” Daffodil said, “I’ve been home schooled since the third grade, I’ve been looking into going to school again though. I really want to experience high school.”
“What grade are you in?” Harriette asked.
“I’m a Junior,” Daffodil said.
“You look way younger,” Fedora said.
“Yeah, people tell me that a lot,” Daffodil said.
The twins came back downstairs with Lizzie, they were talking about a doll house that Lizzie had.
“It’s huge,” Lizzie said, “I helped make it with my sister, the one in private school.”
“Cool,” Finn said.
“I want to see it,” Willow said.
“Maybe you can come over tomorrow,” Lizzie said, “if you don’t have anything to do.”
“Can we?” Willow asked their mom.
“Of course,” their mom said, “we can drop you off after church.”
“Yay,” Willow said.
“Now let’s get to decorating,” their mom said.
“Okay,” Harriette said. She got up and opened the first box of ornaments, it had her favorite one in it. It was a round blue one with glittery stars all over it. She put it right on the front of the tree so that everyone would see it.
Fedora was putting a bunch of ornaments on, not really caring what they looked like. She was mostly excited for the hot chocolate afterwards, they always had some and it was the best.
Sacia, who had never been to one of these decorating parties before, was hanging up all the glittery ones, she loved glitter and next to the lights they looked so pretty.
Collin was not decorating the tree at all, he was drawing a picture of everyone decorating. Bentley was sitting with him and he kept trying to look over his shoulder, but Collin always covered his picture. He did not like people seeing his un-finished work.
“Come on,” Harriette said when she noticed that Collin was not decorating.
“I’m drawing,” Collin said.
“I know,” Harriette said, “but that can’t be much fun.”
“It is,” Collin said.
“Just one ornament,” Harriette said.
“Okay,” Collin said. Harriette handed him one of her other favorites, it matched the blue on but it was gold. Collin put it right next to the blue one and smiled at Harriette.
“They’re so nice together,” Harriette said.
Collin sat back down and continued to draw.
“You’re such a boring person,” Bentley said, poking Collin.
“Shut up,” Collin said.
“You have such beautiful ornaments,” Daffodil said.
“Thank you,” Harriette’s mom said.
“Our family decorating yesterday,” Daffodil said, “we did not have nearly as much fun though. Do you always do this?”
“Yes, we do,” Harriette’s mom said.
“It is very fun,” Daffodil said.
“Thank you,” Harriette’s mom said.
Fin and Willow were decorating with Lizzie, talking about Lizzie’s Christmas decorations.
“Our house is like a magical Christmas kingdom,” Lizzie said, “you can see it tomorrow.”
“Sounds so pretty,” Willow said.
“It is,” Lizzie said.
After they finished the tree they stilled had the rest of the house to decorate, but all they did at the party was the tree.
“How about some hot chocolate,” Harriette’s mom said.
Yes!” Fedora said.
“I’ll help,” Fedora’s mom said.
“Thank you,” Harriette’s mom said.
They left into the kitchen and Harriette sat down on the couch looking at the tree, her two favorite ornaments up in the front. It was beautiful.

No comments:

Post a Comment